Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oooowwwwww.... Ouch Ouch Ouch

Those of you who are closer to me, and there are a few of you in class, you realize the pain I've been in the past few days.  I don't like to search for sympathy from people, but I'm hurting.

Wednesday, my back died.  I was at conditioning for practice, and running straight, when my back gave out.  Naturally, having been in sports my whole life, I thought it was just a tweak and that it would be fine in an hour or so.  Boy, was I wrong.

Later that evening, I decided to take my first trip to the Health Center.  The doctor, of course, has no idea what's wrong with me.  So, she sends me to Lima Memorial to get x-rays, (just to rule out the worst).  And those come up negative.  I went to practice Thursday night, and just watch.
On Friday, I was due for a follow up with the Health Center.  I went in at 12:30 and the guy I'm supposed to see, isn't in until 1:00, so, I leave.  Meanwhile, my mother of course is freaking out.  She calls me and decides to make a doctor's appointment for 2:30 back home.  Home is 90 minutes away!  So, I left right away.
Once I get home, I immediately see the doctor.  He thinks it's something along the lines of the tendons in my lumbar shifting or something along those lines of mumbo jumbo that I don't really understand.  So, he tells me not to play.  But, because he knows I'm an athlete, and he knows I will play anyway, he prescribes me some steroids.

So, this afternoon we had a volleyball tournament.  Luckily for me, the steroids seemed to work pretty well.  We ended up winning both the matches, and win the conference regular season.  I played, not 100%, but it was enough to help the team to the wins.  Got a big day tomorrow, hopefully the steroids last through the day.  We'll see...

-GP

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the wins Geoff! Sounded like you guys played super well, you're team is so fun to watch! Sorry about your back, but kudos to being so tough. I can imagine how awful killing your back like that would be, but you should be proud of yourself for fighting through it and being such a dedicated athlete. I'm sure your teammates are wicked proud, just like you should be!

    ReplyDelete