Monday, April 11, 2011

Podcasting Can Be Painful

Last week, we talked a little about Podcasting on Monday.  We were told to go out and listen to a couple of podcasts and get an idea as to what they really are used for.  Well, I had listened to a couple of podcasts before last week, and I wasn't sold on the idea.

First off, podcasting can be really hit or miss.  Because of the availability of the technology, anyone can do a podcast.  Because anyone can do a podcast, they can be about anything, or nothing.  There were a couple of them that I tried to listen to, but they just turned out to be very boring and not really about anything in particular.

But, I must admit, there were a couple that I listened to that were interesting.  Gillin talks about podcasters in his book, "The New Influencers."  He makes mention that podcasting is the largest use of social media.  At first, I found this hard to believe, but then I realized that it is probably true.  Why would he put it in the book if it weren't true?  So many people can do a podcast, and if you catch the right one, they can be very useful.

So, I guess my feeling on podcasting are still up in the air.  We'll see how I feel after I have to make one of my own next week.

-GP

No comments:

Post a Comment