Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend Fun!

I realized this Easter that I haven't spent an Easter at home since I was in high school.  That is kind of sad, but at the same time, I've been doing so much during Easter weekends all through college.  Every other year prior to this year, I've been at Nationals for volleyball.  So, freshman year, I was in Dallas, sophomore year I was in Kansas City, and last year I was in Louisville.  At least I was having fun and being productive every year at Nationals.

This year was a little bit different, as Easter was later in the year, and Nationals were still held the first week in April.  This year for Easter, I went to my girlfriend's place and celebrated Easter with her family.  I'm actually sitting in her living room writing this right now.  It's been really fun to get to know her and all her stories that her parents told.  I won't go into the details about that, because I know that no one really likes to read about that, and that's kind of personal stuff, but I just wanted to make mention.

I just wanted to touch on the fact that no matter where I was for Easter, I was still having fun, even though I haven't been in my own home since Christmas break.

-GP

1 comment:

  1. When I was in high school, I had three or four club volleyball qualifier tournaments for nationals over the Easter weekend. I always thought it was so weird to be playing volleyball on Easter Sunday and missing out on the typical Easter festivities with my family. We're exactly the opposite - you were home for Easter for the four years in high school, gone in college while I got to enjoy Easter with my family these past four years. But, like you said; no matter what I was doing, I was still having fun. It's still crazy that you haven't been home to celebrate Easter for the past five years though! I'm sure your family missed you and maybe next year you can celebrate with them.

    ReplyDelete