Sunday, April 17, 2011

NBA Playoffs... Where Amazing Happens

I'm going to continue my trend of writing about sports in my personal blogs.  This one, if you're too lazy to read the title, is about the NBA playoffs.  I know a lot of people that don't really like the NBA.  I also know some people that don't like the NBA playoffs either.  Their reasoning is that they are all professional athletes and they don't care as much as the college kids.  But, I beg to differ.  Once the NBA playoffs start, there is a whole new level of play for most of the men on the court.

I love the fact that every series is a 7-games series.  I think that, yes it lasts a long time, but that just makes it better.  It never diminishes, it's always good play all series long, and every player is giving their all to win the championship.  By the time it gets to the Championship Series, both teams are so tired and so beat, but they are giving everything left in their tank for the trophy (and a big ring and big bonus paycheck).

Even though my team, the Phoenix Suns, are out of the playoffs for the first time in seven years, and had a losing record (40-42) for the first time this decade, I can still watch the playoffs because there are so many story lines that I want to follow.  Can the Bulls live up to their 1-seed?  Can the Spurs live up to theirs?  What about the Miami Heat?  Are the Lakers going to three-peat?  Is Boston getting too old?  Are the Thunder the new flavor?  I can't wait to watch basketball for the next month and a half and get the answers to these questions.  It's going to be... amazing.

-GP

No comments:

Post a Comment