Sunday, April 3, 2011

There's an app for that!

Recently I've been addicted to a couple apps on my iPod.  It mainly is just one app, and that app is "Words With Friends."  It is basically an off-brand version of Scrabble.  I love it, even though I'm not very good at it.  My vocabulary is slightly limited, let alone when I'm given a set of letters and I'm forced to make words off them.  But, I try to make do with what I've got.

This game is a two-person game, and you get to play against your friends that have the game as well.  Which brings me to my point.  It's absolutely amazing how far the social media scene has grown in the past few years.  Just five or six years ago, things like this were never thought of.  When you said "app," everyone thought about grad apps or job apps.

There are so many things that you can do with your iPod or iPhone or Droid or whatever "smart" device you have.  The app stores are outrageous and there really is an app for everything it seams like.  There is even a way to update all your other social media outlets from your mobile device.  That's really interesting, and, like I've said in all the previous blogs about social media, I'm pretty excited to think about what we have next and the way that technology is growing.

-GP

No comments:

Post a Comment